Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Jake is 22 months old!


Wow... 22 months old. Jake is nearly 2! That still seems hard to believe (which is odd since we've got two boys now!). I've thoroughly enjoyed each stage of Jake's little life - he is a constant joy! One thing I love about this stage is our conversations! His understanding is growing and he is grasping deeper concepts all the time. One of the funnier, and wonderful, conversations we've been having recently is about answered prayer. Poor Jacob was really stopped up for a few days and by the third morning he was literally rolling around on the floor in pain... About this time we got phone calls from both Jake's Grandma and Nana. They both told Jake they'd be praying for him. I put Jake on the phone with his Nana and she prayed with him over the phone... that he would poop. About ten minutes later, he did. He was incredibly happy to have it out and he was running all over the downstairs laughing and squealing. I joined in on the fun and was saying things like, "Yeah! Jesus helped you poop!" and "Nana prayed for you and then you pooped!" Then Jake began to shout, "Jesus pooped! Jesus pooped!" over and over, at the top of his lungs! Too funny. The other day he took a bad fall right before bed. The poor guy had a huge egg on his head and was in a lot of pain laying down in bed. He couldn't lay flat on his back and had to curl up on his side. Neither of us thought it would be easy for him to fall asleep... so I reminded him that Jesus answered our prayers the other day about his poop, and that Jesus cares about him so much he listens to all his requests. He replied in his sweet little voice, "yeah, Nana pay poop." And so we prayed for sleep to come quickly. Wouldn't you know? Before I even closed his door he was drifting off to sleep (he typically talks for 20 minutes or so before he drifts off). The next morning, as we cuddled in my bed because he was up much earlier than I wanted to be, I reminded him of our prayer and told him that he did fall right asleep and Jesus answered our prayers again! It is amazing to see his faith being built already... about things that are important to a 22 month old!

No comments: