Saturday, September 26, 2009

we love the zoo!

Who knows how many beautiful Saturday mornings we have left this year... so we took full advantage of it and headed to the zoo!Not everyone seems to understand why I love the zoo so much.... which, I'll admit, totally baffles me! These animals are amazing! How often do you get to stand 15 feet away from a bear and just look him in the eye? or be 3 feet away from a jaguar?or watch a baby gorilla sleep on her mommy, 2 feet away?or come around a corner and see a scene like this...
And no, I don't have a new business selling zoo memberships... I just love this place!
...AND I am really glad my boys do to!!
It's hard to snap a photo of Jake at the zoo - because he is either intently staring at these amazing animals or running to find the next one!these snow leopards were pretty cute too!!


3 comments:

Suzan said...

I enjoy reading your blog and "seeing" your boys grow and watching them in activities they sure do enjoy! These are, once again, great pictures. Thank you for sharing!

Charlie said...

I'll admit the baby gorilla is pretty adorable, but I'm still not going to rush out a buy a membership. =) My poor, deprived children! Maybe their Auntie could take them sometime. Hee! Hee!

Lovin' on my Boys said...

The picture of that giraffe bending over is awesome!