Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Hudson at Two...

My sweet Hudson James turned two (over a month ago, I know!)... I wanted to capture the moment in time with some photos of him at this age.


Hudson is such a happy little boy. He has so much joy and loves to laugh. He loves to be silly! The kid is a goof and will do anything for a laugh... He loves to be chased (aka run off so mommy has to chase him!!). We actually own a leash for him - something I swore I would never own (because kids should just mind their parents!).... well Hudson is my proof that while kids "should" just mind their parents, not all of them take joy in this act, in fact, some take joy in not minding! So, while I teach him to obey, he needs to be safe in the parking lots of our life! He has so many expressions... some mischievous...
some of pure joy... some of quiet humor... He is always busy! He is constantly looking for the next thing to do or play with. And he is dangerous! He jumps off of everything, he loves to climb and he runs wildly. The child doesn't seem to have any fear! His daredevil antics scare me on a daily basis! His physical abilities are astounding. He loves his brother and they are learning how to play with each other. Jacob has taught Hudson how to wrestle... and they roll around on the floor laughing hysterically together. Hudson's love of wrestling backfires frequently when he runs up to Jake and pushes him for no apparent reason. Tears are sometimes intermingled with laughter. He knows what pushes his brothers buttons, and he sometimes takes advantage of this knowledge... he is a little brother after all! He still loves to be held... He loves to snuggle. He constantly asks to be "up" - especially when he notices my arms are free (after I've just set Emmy down). He makes breakfast with me every morning. He wants to be held for the whole process and I've gotten very good at cooking with one hand!




He is starting to talk more and more. Each day he seems to add a new word - although some of them require my interpretation! His favorite show is "Go Diego Go!" it's about an animal rescuer (and Hudson is obsessed with animals!). Whenever the boys get to watch TV, he adamantly requests "Eggo! Eggo! Eggo!" (Eggo is how he pronounces Diego).


He is growing! I just tucked away most of his 2T clothes and pulled out the 3T bin for him. He remains in the top 95%tile for height.He is such an amazing little boy and we are so blessed that he is our son! We love you Hudson James!

No comments: