Friday, September 9, 2011

FIRST day of school...

Wednesday marked a milestone for Jacob (and for our entire family!). 
Our firstborn started school!

He had mixed feelings about starting school... mostly nervous, a little excited.  Most of his nervousness was just because this is all new to us!  On the morning of the big day - he was really excited!!  He even wanted me to take his picture with his backpack on (Thank you, Jacob!!)!




We had a fun day!  I got to go with him for the entire time the first day (it was a short day).  It was such a good way to start preschool!  I met the kids alongside him... I got to see the classroom, play with all the toys and go through the stations with him...  I got to see him in his first circle time.  I got to be there as his wonderful teacher told the kids about their class and interacted with them.  It was so good for both Jacob and I!

I snapped these photos with my phone at school that morning...

Drawing a picture of what he did this summer (he chose to draw him, Gracie and Charlie at the beach - with the sun shining and our big vacation house in the background!  It's hard to see the kids or the house because they are in yellow)...

Circle time...
Today was the really big day.  Today he went in by himself... no parents allowed in the classroom!  As we drove to school I reminded him that we would say goodbye at the doorway.  We talked about walking in together, hanging up his backpack and waiting for his teacher to come get the kids.  I told him he could give me a hug or a high five and then go into the class with his teacher.  I told him that I'd be waiting for him in the hallway again when he got done. 
We got there, he hung up his backpack, his teacher came out, he gave me a high five and walked right into his class - no tears, no looking back.  I heard his teacher warmly greet him, by name.  Maybe that's why I didn't cry either.
He had a great day and I've (kind of) heard all about it (in snip-its, throughout the day, while he busily does other things!). 

1 comment:

Charlie said...

Awww..I love that he drew a picture of himself at the beach with Grace and Charlie! So glad he's off to such a great start!