Saturday, October 15, 2011

Growing (away) Up....

My Jacob is growing up...  and it's hard to put into words exactly how I feel about that.  I expected all the milestones, the maturing, even the physical growth in height!  What I didn't expect was this feeling that he is somehow growing away.  This is the first year Jacob is in school, and therefore the first season that he is encountering all sorts of situations and people apart from me.  He talks a lot, but does not (by any stretch of the imagination) give me a lot of details about his days at school. I feel this growing away when I see these expressions that I do not recognize - like he's trying on a new look! It reminds me that he has had all these experiences away from me.  I suppose (although I am having a hard time accepting it) that this is just the beginning.  I am thankful that he is becoming more independent and I am so very proud of my boy - but there is a part of me that is mourning the loss of my "little" boy as he grows.  He is such an amazing kid and I am so honored to be his mom. I will let these feelings serve as a reminder to relish each season, each moment, with my three - because time is flying by... way. too. fast.

1 comment:

Lovin' on my Boys said...

Oh Kate! I sooooo know how you feel!