Thursday, January 7, 2010

Interview with Jacob...

I got this idea from Brooke... it was so fun to read her year end interviews with Grace and Charlie, I just had to do it!

So... I sat down with Jacob and interviewed him about some of his favorite things...
What is your favorite...
Holiday: "That one wear we dress up"
Thing about Christmas: "we opened all the presents"
Food: "Avocado," Me: really? He smiled at me and said, "NO! Pizza!"
Animal: "Deer. Plain deer not reindeer"
Place to go: "the zoo"
Next favorite place to go: "Target" Me: Why?, Jake: "because they have cars there and lots of toys too and we go look at all the toys and sometimes we buy some toys... we buy a matchbox car if I do no whining at Target!"
Toy: he looked around the room for a few minutes before deciding on this one... and then, "my trains"
Game to play: "fake-out" This is a game he made up... we aren't exactly sure how to play it, we just know we all have to run around and be silly (falling on the floor is encouraged!).
Thing to jump on: "the ottoman or the couch or that trampoline at Clara and Hannah's house too. I know, Let's go play with Hannah and Clara and maybe we can jump on their trampoline today. Is that a good deal, Mommy?" The kid is always working on a "deal!" :)
Friend: "baby Lily!" How cute is that?? He's only met his new little cousin once...
Movie: McQueen (aka Cars)
Restaurant: "Red Robin," Me: not Ruby's? Jake: "I like Red Robin best now, Mommy. They have lots of food there. I no like that bird though. We only go Red Robin when that bird no be there"
Thing about Daddy: "He's a good Daddy, Mommy" (I agree!!)
Thing about Mommy: "good
Thing about Hudson: "to play all day" ahhh.......
I love this little boy so much!

5 comments:

emily weaver brown said...

these are so cute. I keep trying with Simon but he really doesn't get the concept of "favorite" - which I guess makes sense because we really haven't talked about favorites too much. I kept asking him what his favorite color was and he would say stuff like "huh? I want juice!" So I would ask daddy and then daddy would ask me and finally I think he caught on that he was supposed to say a color and he started saying "purple!" so then I switched to "what is your favorite animal" and he answered "purple!" so I think we have a ways to go...

Oh Joy said...

that's hilarious, Emily! I love the "I want juice!" We had a lot of tangents in our conversation too (that I didn't include!). You could just write about what you know his favorites are... I just liked the idea of remembering what they were into at a point in time.

Katie said...

Kate, I love this idea! I'm going to piggyback on it & am bummed I didn't start sooner with my older girls!

The White House said...

THose are some seriously great pix of the boy! WOWZERS! Way to go mama! did you take those? I need to interview my 3 year old and do this too. Thanks Kate ane Brooke!

Oh Joy said...

Thanks, Amy! I got a new camera for my birtday in november and have been trying to learn as much as I can about this fun new hobby of mine since then.
Katie and Amy - can't wait to read your interviews on your blogs!!