Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Remembering my Grandma June

We lost my amazing Grandma June on December 14, 2012.
I miss her dearly... but have confidence that I will see her again in heaven.
 
June Richardson Fitz
July 5, 1924 ~ December 14, 2012
 This was my Grandma as a girl with her brother, James.  James died as a child and my father (June's son) was named after him.  ...and then my Hudson James was named after his Papa (my dad).
 My Beautiful Grandma on her wedding day...
She was married to Coleman Dudley Fitz who passed away in 1995.
 
 
I loved visiting Grandma June in Minnesota as a child and as an adult. 
This photo is of my sister and I with my Grandma in the front row and my Aunt Betsy, Grampa, Mom, Dad, Aunt Laurie and Uncle Todd in the back row...
 
As a young adult my Grandma and I took a lot of trips together and visited Arizona, San Fransisco, Texas...  I visited her a number of times at her home on Lake Minnetonka and she traveled many, many times to see our family in Washington.
 
She had a great relationship with each of my three kiddos and always wanted to know what they were doing, what they were interested in, etc.  We had many long phone conversations talking about her great grand children...
 
Grandma June with Jacob...


Grandma with Hudson...

Grandma with my Mom, Emma & I just after Emmy was born...
with Emma...
 
This is one of my favorite photos of my Grandmother.  It is from August of 2011 when Emmy and I went out to Minnesota to spend some time with her.  Emma and Grandma had a special bond.  This photo captures how comfortable Emma has always been with Grandma - she loved her!  Emma's fingering a  pendant that Grandma always wore on her necklace in this picture.  I inherited that pendant and will one day pass it on to my beautiful daughter who loved and was so deeply loved by her Great Grandma June...
 
Grandma June loved coming out each summer for our annual family vacation. 
One year she even had t-shirts made for our little reunion...
 
2009
 
2010
 
...and our last trip together in 2012
 
My Grandma was a special lady. 
 She was independent, smart, witty, compassionate, empathetic, a problem solver, loving, fun and the best shoe shopper and double solitaire player I have ever known! 
I love you, Grandma.

1 comment:

Joe, Jennifer, Clara, Hannah, Eliza, Isaiah said...

Beautiful!! Lots of amazing memories :)