Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Boy or Girl?

We had our "big" ultrasound this morning and were so excited to reveal the news to our family and friends (waiting all day is really hard though!!). Naturally I thought this type of reveal needed a party...

My whole family was out of town or unable to come (which meant I did get to tell a few people ahead of time!!)... but Ryan's family and a couple of close friends joined us this evening for our "Reveal Party!"
We had people "wear" there guess... pink or blue. It was mostly pink with a few in blue! I happen to know that my little brother, Michael and big (as in, much older) brother, Eric both had their blue on from afar as well! We gave each person a little package... which contained a scrabble card that had a letter on each side. They had to work together to unscramble our message, deciding which of the two letters to use for each card.
Finally, they came up with this:

That's right...
We're having a girl!
I told a few people that I had a feeling it was going to be a girl... but I must confess that I was completely shocked when she told us we were having a baby daughter! I made her recheck a number of times! I am so excited - and couldn't be happier that she has the best big brothers in the entire world!

I guess it's time to change the blog name!
"Oh Boy!" doesn't seem to fit us any longer.
...any ideas out there for me?

12 comments:

Nonny Baby said...

GET OUT OF TOWN!!!!! Congratulations! OOOHHH I'm so excited for you!

Summer

Anonymous said...

The three musketeers!

I love you and am so excited for you and your family! Girls rock!

Aunt Anne

Nonny Baby said...

As for a Blog name, how about, "Two Boys and a Lady"?

Suzan and Neal said...

What great news, Kate and Ryan! The boys will be wonderful big brothers, and you are all going to love having a little girl to share the fun!

Anonymous said...

Wow.....Kate and Ryan.....that's so exciting that it's a little girl!!! You will have SO MUCH fun buying pink...and ruffles....and flowers.....YEAH!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I was wrong:-)

This little lady will be very lucky to land in such a fun family - although I imagine she will have to work VERY hard to keep up with her big brothers:-)

Congrats from the Schrocks!

The White House said...

how fun! a reveal party! uber cool!

Oh, Cripe! said...

Such fun, Kate! SUCH FUN! So excited for you and the boys! :)

Melissa said...

We're "tickled pink" for your family! Congratulations!

Katie said...

Yahoo! I am so happy to hear you are blessed with a daughter - you're going to love it!

Steve said...

Just pronounce it as a sigh, then you are fine. As in "The kids ate all the laxatives again. Oh boy..."

Claire said...

Congratulations Kate! I am having a boy :)