Emma Katherine
...arrived on January 13, 2011 at 5:23pm. She weighs 8 pounds, 2 ounces, is 20.5 inches long and is absolutely perfect in every way!
...arrived on January 13, 2011 at 5:23pm. She weighs 8 pounds, 2 ounces, is 20.5 inches long and is absolutely perfect in every way!My labor was induced that morning... they broke my water and gave me some pitocin. Labor started around 9:30 am. We had the boys come visit that morning so that they would see me in the room, in the hospital bed, with all the weird machinery, etc and be comfortable with it when they came back later to meet their baby sister. They warmed up - and especially loved eating all of my ice!
After their visit... the pain started elevating. I was thankful that they had come when they did, and left when they did! I labored on for another few hours...
I decided to do this childbirth with no pain medication and it was both an intensely painful and intensely amazing experience...
Emma finally arrived at 5:23... 
She weighed in at 8lbs, 2 oz...

The boys were the first to meet their baby sister...
And then Jacob introduced her to her waiting family - all of her grandparents and her Auntie Brooke were there awaiting her arrival! Soon after her Auntie Anne, Uncle Eric, and cousins Hayden and Clara showed up... as well as a few of our close friends!
She had her first bath...

Proud (and tired) parents...
our sweet girl...
We stayed at the hospital until Friday afternoon. Emma was given a clean bill of health and we just enjoyed our girl, and some more visitors throughout the day...

Jacob and Hudson came back for another visit...
Jacob was just in awe of her - he kept saying how tiny she is, and how cute she is. He was so affectionate with her (and also towards his little brother). I think he was quite proud to be the big brother!
Our family of five...

After their visit... the pain started elevating. I was thankful that they had come when they did, and left when they did! I labored on for another few hours...I decided to do this childbirth with no pain medication and it was both an intensely painful and intensely amazing experience...
Emma finally arrived at 5:23... 
She weighed in at 8lbs, 2 oz...
The boys were the first to meet their baby sister...
And then Jacob introduced her to her waiting family - all of her grandparents and her Auntie Brooke were there awaiting her arrival! Soon after her Auntie Anne, Uncle Eric, and cousins Hayden and Clara showed up... as well as a few of our close friends!
She had her first bath...
Proud (and tired) parents...
our sweet girl...
We stayed at the hospital until Friday afternoon. Emma was given a clean bill of health and we just enjoyed our girl, and some more visitors throughout the day...
Jacob and Hudson came back for another visit...
Jacob was just in awe of her - he kept saying how tiny she is, and how cute she is. He was so affectionate with her (and also towards his little brother). I think he was quite proud to be the big brother!
Our family of five...


And Grandma stopped in for awhile as well... 



7 comments:
Oh, JOY!
Your sweet baby Emma is beautiful, Kate. Welcome to the world, little one...you couldn't have chosen to join a more loving family.
Hey-I like Suzan's "oh, Joy!" It could be your new blog title :) Very cute pictures!!
Sounds like a great experience. So nice to have everyone there.
You look so good Kate - like you just had a walk in the park;-)
She is so adorable. That picture of you smiling at her when you first met her is stunning! It totally made me tear up...twice! (Although I am quite hormonal!)What a special day!!!
I agree with Brooke... LOVE the picture of you smiling at her when she was first born. Impressed that you made it through natural childbirth! ;)
Beautiful Kate. I am so proud of you that you just decided to do this with out pain meds and did it with pit - that's very hard to do so kudos to you on our amazing birth. After this I bet you feel like you can do anything!
P.S. I love the new name of your blog. I was wondering what you were going to call it.
Post a Comment