Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I love my boys...

I was looking through some pictures I took of the boys the other day. We were just hanging out on the front lawn, enjoying the day and I decided to practice my new photography hobby a little. As I was scrolling through the photos I was struck by just how much I love them... all the many things that make them unique.

Hudson is a sweetheart - who usually knows exactly what he wants! He takes in the world around him and is very curious about anything he hasn't seen before.
He loves trees right now.... he points to them and says "tsssss." I think this is what he is looking at in this photo. He is also never too far away from me. He loves me to hold him - he crawls over to me, climbs up my legs to a stand and stretches out his arms for me to grab him up. I am quite use to seeing him from this very angle...
He's always got some bruise or bump on his face - the kid is a bruiser! He has no fear and regularly dives off the couch, tackles a toy, crawls to fast and tumbles over....I love every ounce of this child... the kind of love you didn't know you had before your kids were born! Even his tiny feet make my heart sing...
...and that is his favorite way to sit - with his bum on his feet.

As I said, he is never far away from me. It is hard to take his photo because he just wants to be close! As he gets older, I am sure he'll want me less and less and oh how I'll miss this!...and he is just goofy! He loves to laugh and to get us laughing. He has silly expressions and wiggly moves that he knows will make us laugh - and he loves to do it!
Every now and again he is quiet - but mostly he is loud. He has a lot to say and he's quite expressive about it. We are captivated by him - He is unimaginably wonderful.
And he loves his brother... whether it's just sitting next to himor wrestling and playing together....And Jacob loves Hudson. Sometimes his wrestling is a little too hard, or sharing is just a little too hard - but mostly they are good playmates. You can see that they love each other and I love that.
Jake is such a fun kid!
I can't get enough of those eyes.... or the fact that he still thinks there is a bug in my camera
(I told him this once to get him to look at the camera!).He loves adventure - our hour in the front yard was filled with hunting for deers, a pretend game that involved throwing shoes and falling over, seeing just how tall he was standing on multiple surfaces, attempting to climb a few trees, and laying in the grass checking out birds, trees and airplanes. he has an incredible imagination.
He is my monkey.
I love his spirit. When he is happy (which is A LOT!), he just radiates light. He loves to play - and loves to laugh. He is silly...
This is his new face when I ask him to smile at my camera (note to self - asking kids to smile at the camera rarely works!)... although the face cracks me up (which is ultimately what he wanted anyway!).Jacob cares about people - He loves to talk about all his friends and family. He likes me to tell him all the people that love him (the list gets long!).
While happy go lucky most of the time, he definitely has the 'toddler timidness' around strangers, new things and sounds. He is uncertain... and he looks to me for certainty. While I hate that he experiences fear, I love this stage of knowing you are the most important thing in their world (and I know it's a short stage - so I am enjoying every minute). His fears are odd to me - sometimes he tells me he is afraid of wolves (I kind of get that!), other times it's butterflies that scare him (?). I guess his imagination is hard at work... I know he looks to us to be his constants - and so we are. We also tell him all about his creator, that made him, loves him and is bigger than all the wolves and butterflies! He has been asking a lot of questions about God recently... I know he is pondering a lot in that little head of his.
From the moment he was born I was surprised at how much a mother could love a child. That love has only deepened as he has gotten older.
I am in love with this kid! I guess all I am trying to say is -
I love my boys...

4 comments:

Joe, Jennifer, Clara, Hannah, Eliza, Isaiah said...

Sweet words about two special little guys :) That face that Jake makes when you tell him to smile had me laughing out loud! that is hilarious!!!

Emily Weaver Brown said...

great photos Kate, are you shooting in aperture priority?

Oh Joy said...

Emily - thanks! I tend to shoot mostly in full manual or portrait modes. These were taken with my kit lense (which I haven't used much) - an 18-55mm - in Manual mode. To be honest, I haven't played much with the aperature priority mode - do you recommend it?

Melissa said...

Kate--your words ring so true, so much so, that I am writing this with tears in my eyes! What a wonderful adventure and blessing motherhood is!