Friday, April 2, 2010

Lollipops, Ice Cream Cones and the things he says...

Whenever we need to go to the bank we go though the drive thru. Every time the (very nice) teller asks if we'd like lollipops. I always say no... I mean he really doesn't need to eat sugar on a stick, right? We went to the bank earlier this week and I told Jake that he was big enough for a lollipop now. His eyes got wide, and he said, "That's awesome, Mommy. What's a lollipop?" After a giggle and an explanation - he decided he wanted one! He actually licked the whole thing until it was gone and had fun running back and forth from the deck to the bathroom to check his blue tongue in the mirror! I guess I was in a "fun mom" mood this week, because after shopping at Costco I asked Jake if he wanted an ice cream cone! He absolutely did! Getting out to the car with Hudson in my arms (he was over being in the cart!), a costco size shopping cart full of groceries, and an ice cream cone (as far away from Hudson's little hands as I could manage) was a little crazy. Getting home without spilling the ice cream cone all over the car was miraculous. And watching him eat his ice cream cone out on the deck was worth it all!
He has been saying the funniest things the past couple of days... here are a few funny quotes:
  • I was trying to convince Jake that a sweatshirt was a good idea.... his reply to me, "Ill be okay, hon."
  • "My favorite candies are lollipops, ice cream and cantaloupe."
  • "Look at that green van, mom." He pointed to a huge neon green van parked on the side of the road. I replied, "That's awesome, buddy." He then said, "I'm really sad you didn't get that for me for Christmas, Mommy." I laughed... and asked where he would keep it? He said, "Don't worry, I'd put it in the garage with the other cars."
  • I felt Jacob's head and said, "you feel warm, are you feeling okay?" He said, "No mommy. I think I need a sour patch kid." We both cracked up laughing - he was obviously feeling just fine!
  • I told Jake I was going out that evening for bible study. He said, "It's okay Mommy, Daddy will put me to be bed and when you get home you can sneak in my room and give me a little tiny kiss!" (of course I did!)
I have to admit I also went into his room yesterday during his nap to take his photo. He is just so dear when he sleeps...

No comments: