I realized I had totally forgotten to do my new year interviews with the boys this year! I love this tradition and wanted to do it - so better late than never! I "interviewed" both boys yesterday and got some funny answers!
Hudson James
age: 22 months

What is your favorite food?
He showed me his snack and said, "di and di" (this and this - referring to his milk and crackers).

What is your favorite animal?
"roar!" (this can refer to a lion or a bear, but I think lions are his favorite!)
What is your favorite toy?
"roar!"
"roar!"
What is your favorite book?
"roar!" Ok, admittedly he may not fully understand this exercise in favorite things!!

What is your favorite place?
"Day-ja" (Jacob!)
Who is your favorite friend?
"baby!" - and pointed to Emma. At this point Jacob said, "Yeah, Hudson! Give me five. Emma is my favorite part of the family. Good job, buddy!"
What is your favorite game?
"baby!" - and pointed to Emma. At this point Jacob said, "Yeah, Hudson! Give me five. Emma is my favorite part of the family. Good job, buddy!"
What is your favorite game?
At this point he covered his eyes and started counting - which translates to hide and seek of course!!
What is your favorite thing about our family?
just a funny smile here...
What is your favorite thing about Mama?
"Baby!"
What is your favorite thing about Daddy?
"Baby!"
"Baby!"
What is your favorite thing about Jake?
"Baby!"
"Baby!"
What is your favorite thing about Emma?
"Baby!"
"Baby!"
What is your favorite thing to do?
"Mine!" (which is actually a fairly accurate statement!!)
Hudson is such a fun 22 month old! He has limitless energy and absolutely no fear. He jumps head first into just about everything (often times literally!). He loves his brother and also loves to "push his buttons" as most little brothers do! He loves to wrestle, and snuggle. He is talking more and more - which is so fun for us as we get a glimpse into what has been going on in his brain! He is our family entertainer - he loves to hear people laugh and will do just about anything to solicit it! He loves being tickled and is the only kid I know who begs for "more!" and more tickling! He also loves to dance, run, jump, hide, play games, ride piggy back, climb up on the kitchen table, sneak up behind us and is totally obsessed with all animals! He is a joy, a handful and a total sweetie - his smile lights up the room! I love him so very much!And, in case you are interested, this was Hudson's interview last year - http://gledblog.blogspot.com/2010/01/interview-with-hudson.html
Jacob Conrad
age: 3.5 years

What is your favorite Holiday?
"Halloween"
Why?
"because of getting candy!" (naturally)
What is your favorite food?
"Ummm, probably pizza, pancakes and cinnamon rolls!"
"Ummm, probably pizza, pancakes and cinnamon rolls!"

What is your favorite animal?
"I don't really have a favorite animal (one of the many ways Jake and Hudson differ!)."
Is there an animal at the zoo you really like?
"Probably the tigers"
"Probably the tigers"
What is your favorite vehicle?
"Firetruck and Lightning Mcqueen"
"Firetruck and Lightning Mcqueen"
What is your favorite place to go"
"aquarium"
"aquarium"
What is your next favorite place to go?
"the park next to church to swing on the swings and feed the ducks"

What is your favorite toy?
He ran to the toy cupboard and grabbed the first toy he found - a garbage truck. I am pretty sure his "Cars" car collection is his actual favorite though!
What is your favorite book?
"a Berenstain Bear book"
What is your favorite game to play?
"class" - this is a game that he created, where I am "teacher Kate" and we do things that he does in his weekly sports class.
"class" - this is a game that he created, where I am "teacher Kate" and we do things that he does in his weekly sports class.
Who is your favorite friend?
"HAYDEN!" (caps for the emphatic response!)
"HAYDEN!" (caps for the emphatic response!)

What is your favorite movie?
"McQueen!" (Disney Pixar Cars Movie)
What is your favorite Restaurant?
"old MacDonald's (yes, he calls McDonald's, Old MacDonald's!), Ruby's and red Robin. Do you know why I like Red Robin, Mom? Because of getting candy there, but I don't like the red robin costume"
"old MacDonald's (yes, he calls McDonald's, Old MacDonald's!), Ruby's and red Robin. Do you know why I like Red Robin, Mom? Because of getting candy there, but I don't like the red robin costume"
What is your favorite thing about our family?
"Copper - NO! not Copper, Emma!"
"Copper - NO! not Copper, Emma!"
What is your favorite part about Mommy?
"All of you!"
What is your favorite part about Daddy?
"All of him!"
What is your favorite part about Hudson?
"All of him! and I like to play with him when we are loading up dump trucks."
"All of him! and I like to play with him when we are loading up dump trucks."
What is your favorite part about Emma?
"All of her!"
Jacob is such a sweetheart! He has an amazing imagination, and loves to play pretend with all of his cars/trucks/trains/firehouse. He loves his Daddy and looks forward to him coming home each day! Most mornings he asks Ryan, "Do you have to go to work today?" and is ecstatic when the answer is no! He loves wrestling, running, creating obstacle courses, building forts and playing games. He is loud. Thankfully most of his loudness is joyful! He is amazing at puzzles and loves to do them himself (he does not love it when Hudson tries to "help" by taking the puzzle pieces and running off!). He loves to play with Hudson, and especially loves it when he comes up with the activity and Hudson plays along! When he is sad or hurt he wants his Mommy. He is my big helper and has a huge heart. He truly cares about his family and his friends and has a deep desire to do the right thing. I love this boy so much!
This was Jacob's interview from last year - http://gledblog.blogspot.com/2010/01/interview-with-jacob.html
These photos were all from our afternoon playing at the park yesterday! The boys were thrilled to be outside playing and I was thrilled for some nicer weather to be able to take them outside. I love these shots of Jake trying to help Hudson climb the wall...
This was Jacob's interview from last year - http://gledblog.blogspot.com/2010/01/interview-with-jacob.htmlThese photos were all from our afternoon playing at the park yesterday! The boys were thrilled to be outside playing and I was thrilled for some nicer weather to be able to take them outside. I love these shots of Jake trying to help Hudson climb the wall...

...and listening to their "echos" together
I love my kiddos and couldn't be prouder of these two boys! It is a joy and a blessing to be their Mom!
No comments:
Post a Comment