Emmy woke up on her birthday morning without any inclination that it was her birthday morning... Her mom, on the other hand, woke up in disbelief that her baby could really be one year old! An entire year, 12 months, 52 weeks, 365 days - how could that be when it seems like just yesterday she was born, just yesterday that she smiled her first smile, said mama for the first time, just yesterday that I was up nursing her in the middle of the night, that she let out her first giggle, sat up for the first time, got her first cold... I really can't believe it's been a year. It's so true what they say about parenting - the days are long, but the months just fly by! There are many moments though where I am desperate to find the pause button (there are also some where I am trying hard to find the fast forward button, but we'll leave that for another post!), but today was a day of moments where I wish I could just press pause and soak her in.
Her cute little grin when she is on the move and hoping for the staircase before getting stopped in her tracks...
You can't see it in this picture, but she giggles and squeals the whole way up the stairs if she knows you are "chasing" her...
Her curious disposition...
Look! She can stand on her own (for very brief moments)!
I decided a tutu was definitely in order for the birthday girl!
This is one of her favorite lookouts (especially if the boys are outside on the trampoline, or Copper is running around in the back yard)...
She is constantly on the move!
When Daddy got home from work, Emmy opened her presents.
Jake helped her open the ice cream truck he picked out for her...
Then Hudson "helped her" open the Minnie Mouse he picked out for her...
He did let her see Minnie after she was unwrapped...
And, of course, she got her first cupcake!
She liked it!
a lot!
She ate the entire thing!
I adore this sweet girl!
Happy Birthday, Emmy!
We love you, baby girl!

















No comments:
Post a Comment