Friday, January 13, 2012

Happy 1st Birthday, Emma Katherine!

This sweet girl joined our world and completed our family one year ago...
I loved her long before I met her, but meeting her was one of the most amazing moments of my life!
 
 Here is a look at Emma over the last year...
starting when she was just 5 days old!



























Emma is a sweetheart!  She is always quick to smile and loves to laugh!  She likes to be tickled, and loves to be chased (especially when she heads for the staircase!).  She has mastered crawling, pulling up, scooting around the furniture, walking with her stroller walker (or anything else she can push around the floor), climbing the stairs and as of this past week, she can even stand up without holding on to anything!  She has the sweetest spirit... she snuggles in for a hug, kisses our faces, looks you right in the eye and smiles from ear to ear!  When I tell her no (usually when she is about to open the fireplace), she stops in her tracks, looks up at me, and cries big, real tears... she already has such a sensitive, tender little heart!  She is very curious and examines everything very closely.  She loves to dance and will bop her little body up and down to music, or even if you just sing for her.  She loves her bath now (which is so good since she hated it for most of her first year!)... and loves to splash and squeal.  We love to see her wave and clap.  She is a crazy little eater - she can put away food quicker than I've ever seen a baby!  She literally shovels in one bite after the next - using both hands!   When you are holding her, she likes to point to where she wants to go...  she'll smile and laugh, even clap if you comply... and throw her body backwards with a scream if you don't!  :)  She's the most beautiful little girl I've ever laid eyes on.  She is an energetic, joyful, sweet, beautiful, sensitive, curious, excited little baby girl... and I cannot believe she is ONE today! 
We love you Emmy girl!

No comments: