Wednesday, July 7, 2010

4th of July Weekend!

I love the 4th of July! It is such a relaxed, fun holiday to spend with our family. It's also the anniversary of what I consider to be Ryan and my first date (he doesn't agree that it was our first "real" date!!)...either way - a fun day, with lots of fun memories!
We started this year's celebrating on the 3rd with a parade and carnival in Snoqualmie! The firetrucks were definitely a highlight for Jacob!

The parade wait got a little long and by the time it started our wagon was barely decorated - un-decorating it proved to be way too much fun!!
parading... a few friends joined us....
here is a sweet shot of Amanda and Jada (I love these two girls!!)... too bad I went and bought 2nd fourth of July shirts for the boys to wear on the third and fourth - it was such a cold weekend they were in sweatshirts the most of the time! ...still the cutest boys in the world (If I do say so myself!).We raced to be some of the first in line for bouncy houses...
Gracie even rode a horse (we couldn't convince either boy that this would be fun!)...
Lily looking cute in her fourth of July outfit!
and Daddy decided cotton candy was a carnival must (I totally agree, by the way!)!
...pizza and popcorn are also musts!
happy little guy...
a game of Frisbee and tackling with Jacob and Ryan and good friends Eli and his daddy (also a Ryan)
And then it was off to Tacoma to celebrate with my family. Apparently my little brother is quite the juggler - which I had to see - his fiance, Megan even joined in with some pretty amazing hula hooping!quite the fun pair, these two!
Naturally we all talked my dad into trying it out.... which was awesome!
Anne and I tried it too... (and since it's my blog - I'm not pictured here!!) ;)
That night we celebrated my grandma's Birthday. The next morning we set out for Tacoma's waterfront carnival... promising to be fun with bouncy houses and rides. Sadly the airshow jets decided to practice early and my sweet Jacob was terrified of the amazing sound (and vibrations) they produced. It really was the loudest jet I've ever experienced -you could even see the fire behind it! So... we spent the morning safely indoors! Thankfully they both slept through the actual air show and woke up ready to party. So we headed to my sisters house for her annual 4th of July party...
Here is me playing with my sweet niece, Clara...
the boys with their toys...
my cute walker...
and a couple of cute sidewalk chalkers!
A very fun weekend with very fun people!

No comments: