Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Jacob's Birthday!

Jacob's Birthday was a blast! Ryan took the day off work and we spent the day as a family, celebrating Jacob! When Jacob woke up he came into our room... I hugged him and said "Happy Birthday, buddy!" He climbed up into our bed and looked at Ryan and said (very matter-of-factly), "Dad, I'm three now!" After a couple of minutes he stood up on the bed, outstretched his arms and said, "look at the size of me! I'm three!" It was hysterical! Before we got out of bed he said, "I can't even believe I'm three. Can you even believe it?" I love how excited he was about it and how proud of himself he seemed! What a cutie!
After Hudson woke up we went downstairs for a yummy breakfast and some presents...He loves all things Lightning Mcqueen.. and most of his presents were in line with this!He got a new (mcqueen) sleeping bag, and he and Ryan cuddled up for a movie in their sleeping bags while Hudson took his morning nap...
Then we were off to the Aquarium! What a fun place! We even decided to buy a membership, so we plan on returning a lot this year!
After naps (for Hudson... Jacob was much to excited to nap) we went out to one of Jacob's favorite restaurants (actually Jacob loves all restaurants and is frequently asking to go out for dinner!!).... Ruby's!
Since we learned last year that Jacob is a big fan of being sung to by complete strangers at restaurants, we decided to plan ahead and do cupcakes and singing at home... Jacob requested confetti cupcakes with sprinkles on the frosting!
He sang along with us as we sang him "Happy Birthday!"
then blew out his candles...
yep, got them all!
Hudson devoured his cupcake (sweets are serious business for this little guy!!)
and Jacob loved a few bites of his, then it was off to play with his new toys! He's never had much of a sweet tooth!
We even stayed up a little late and played outside for awhile before heading to bed...
this is how he holds up his three fingers to show you how old he is!nothing quite like running around barefoot in the street after bedtime!Finally, I asked him to smile like a three year old does... this is what he came up with!
I love this kid!
Happy Birthday Jacob!!
We love you!

No comments: