Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Preschool Program

Jacob had his first Preschool Program last week.  He and his class had been practicing for weeks - he knew all the songs and the verse (John 3:16) by heart.  We were told that the doors open at 6pm, we could drop Jake off in his class at 6:15 and the program would start at 6:30.  Being the first time preschool parents that we are, we showed up at about 6:10, made sure Jake was to his class by 6:15 and then quickly realized that every other parent had gotten there at 6:00 sharp and reserved their seats (for themselves and their entire extended families).  So we watched (just as proudly) Jake's very first program from the third to last row in the upper balcony!!  Jacob's Grandma and Boppo came to see him as well!  I didn't even think to bring my zoom lens (assuming we would be in the front row or something??)...  Here they are lining up - Jacob in the back row with a cream sweater vest on!  We all waved and waved until Jacob finally spotted us way in the back!

 It was so much fun to watch Jacob performing.  He obviously knew all the words and motions to the songs and verse.  He did such a great job!
 I got to sneak up to the front a the end when they allowed all parents (by class) to come forward to take pictures!! 
 Grandma brought treats for Hudson and Jacob!
 I asked Jake to go back into the auditorium with me to get a few photos of him... this is what we got!

 Funny, happy, boy!

3 comments:

Joe, Jennifer, Clara, Hannah, Eliza, Isaiah said...

I think we could also spot Jake by "the tallest kid in the class" ;) Cute pictures!!

Charlie said...

It looks like he's been taking lessons on how to pose for pictures from Grace! :) I love these kids programs...so fun! (And I LOVE Hudson's hair in that picture! Lol!!)

Oh Joy said...

Yes, I guess I could have just said the tallest boy there! :) And, yes, Hudson's hair.... I've stopped trying!!